Sunday, June 03, 2012

Fab Scraps Mini Album

Hi everyone. It's been a busy weekend in my house. I've been working with my kit from Scrap'n with Flair for the month of June. What a great kit. I'm not hardly done with it yet, but believe me when I say that it will be perfect for those romantic summer projects.

Scrap'n with Flair - June kit
They packed so much into this kit to play with! There are so many papers, a chipboard book, stickers, and lots of bling.

I tackled my very first completed mini album using this kit. How could I not, with the chipboard book begging to be used. It has all these fantastic cutouts! It challenged me for sure, thinking about how to match up the papers, and use those cutouts well.

Here's the completed album. I'll walk you through it, and give you closeups along the way.

The cover - well the whole book actually!
The trick with this book was to figure out how to use the cutouts in the best way, allowing someone to insert wedding photos or family photos and at the same time, show off the detail. The cover has four cutouts and a uniquely cut out side as well.

The kit comes with beautiful flowers from I am Roses. I used these on the cover of the mini album. They are white when they arrive, so I used various sprays, like Lindy Stamp Gang's Golden Lump o'Coal shimmer spray, and Firebrick Red Distress Ink Stamper by Ranger.

I am Roses flowers close up
I sprayed the top one with the Lindy's spray in Gold Lump of Coal I think it's called. Then I dipped the tips of the petals in Firebrick Red distress ink. The bottom flower I used the champaign coloured Magicals to paint the leaves, then dipped in the Lindy's spray.

Beautiful gardenia from I am Roses. You can see the pretty butterfly element that comes with the kit,
as well as a peek of a sticker on the next page through a cutout.

This is page two of the mini album. I kept it fairly simple because there's not a lot that can happen here, but I created a folded journal spot, tied down with a button and some fiber I had in my stash, along with one of the pretty rosettes that comes in the kit. So easy to make. I topped it with a flatback gem, which the kit has plenty of.

Page 3 is fairly simple as well. You can see a peek of the following pages here as well. I used some paper from the cover's cutout sections, and used it for a photo matte. I lined it with Sakura Gelly Roll pen to give it some punch. Then I created a side pocket using some of the paper in the kit (the black polkadot), and I used some of the Prima flowers I had in my stash (painted them and sprayed with inks and sprays), and I lined that paper up to the top of the page with some bling. I then put a sticker where it could be seen through a cutout, and added another flower.

The tag is a simple manilla tag, distressed and stamped with a stamp from my stash. The sewn ric rac I had in my stash.

On page 4 I created a top opening pocket for a photo matte and journal spot. Then I put a journal spot down on the page, and embellished with another rosette and a cut out from the small window. The final touch - some flatback pearls from the kit.

Page 5 was fun to do! More room to play, due to only one cutout. I used a giant rosette in the top right corner, topped with a metal embellishment and flatback gem. Then I created a double pocket. Well actually it's a frame pocket. The damask frame sits on top of a pocket that holds two photo mattes. I edged the pocket with more bling from the kit.

Close up of the photo mattes/tags that fit in the pouch. I used ribbons I had in my stash.

Page 6 was a joy as well. I created a double pocket (one top opening and one side) using some paper from the kit. I used a circle punch to cut out the side pocket part for the tag. I created two tags using the manilla tags from the kit. One I sprayed with Lindy Stamp Gang's Golden Lump o'Coal, and the other I distressed with Rangers' Firebrick Red Distress Ink Dauber. I used a bit of bling and finished the page with some left over lace from the cover (included in the kit) and a rosette from the kit.

Closeup of the tag (using a pretty sticker from the kit)
And last but not least, page 6. This page was fun to make. I used an idea from Jessie's mini album that she showed off on her blog. I lined mine with crochet from the kit, and some fringe ribbon I had in my stash. I made two photo mattes with journaling room on the back (or room for more photos) and another manilla tag, using a sticker from the kit. I used the gorgeous jumbo rosette from the kit in red, and topped it with another flatback gem. Then I sprayed some of my Prima flowers from my stash, and used another little rose from I am Roses. Finished the page off with some bling on the bottom and some flatback pearls on the side.

This kit was a dream to work with, and so worth the money. I didn't have to use anything from my stash. I just wanted to add a few little things.

You definitely should check it out at Scrap'n with Flair, and pick it up to try out your own mini album using the kit. You can also find many of the other products I used at that same store.

Have a great week, and link me up to any projects you'd like to show off!


Tami said...

Beautiful Kiki!!!!

Tami said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Scrap'n With Flair said...

Love the mini Kiki!!! You did a wonderful job. :) I can't wait to see what else you come up with. :)

shazza said...

Awesome mini album. Great Job I find them so hard to do but you did this so beautifully I Love it

Suzy800 said...

Fantastic job Kiki!! I love what you did with the kit and your album turned out beautifully. Can't wait to see what else you come up with!!


Donna said...

Love how your album turned out!