Thursday, January 03, 2013

Tiptoe through the tulips - in January?


I'm absolutely thrilled to be posting my first layout for Scrapbooking From the Inside Out! This month's kit is a delightful mix of fun patterned papers and whimsical embellishments. The theme for January is Harmony. 

I've always been known as a nature lover. It's where I feel most happy and at peace. My husband is also a nature lover, and it's part of what makes us work. For our anniversaries, we always head outdoors, to the Tulip Festival, to celebrate our favourite flower and the great outdoors...here in Ottawa, it's also a sure sign of spring. So this layout celebrates the harmony I feel I have with nature, but also with my husband, because we both have this love as a core value.



I used a lot of green accents on this page, not only to balance the yellow, but also because it really feels like nature to me when you use green embellishments.

Make sure you pick up this wonderful kit this month, and visit SFTIO to check out the prompts, challenges and design team layouts for inspiration. I already love this team because it's making me take a deeper look at scrapbooking and why I do it, but also putting more meaning on my pages.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

This is a great layout, Kiki! I love the yellow paper, the drops of green ink, the flowers, and the hints of pink. Amazing picture too! Thanks again for the inspiration!!

Polka Dot PawJamma's said...

Congratulations on your new DT! I absolutely love seeing your work!