Saturday, January 28, 2012

A new canvas - a new love

I found a new love this weekend. A love of making an unexpected canvas using mixed media techniques in a whole new way. I kinda love this one.

This piece was made using inked up papers, tag, scrapbook paper, texture paste, neocolour II crayons, Portfolio oil pastels, paper towel, cardboard, fabric and a Prima flower on an 8X10 inch canvas. 




 I may make postcards from this.


 Details of the petals made with texture paste.

I love inky paper, fabric, lace and cardboard together.

Want to see how I did this? Check out my video recording of the live broadcast I did earlier today.


Give this style a try. It's guaranteed fun if you decide to use what's on your desk, like scraps, gesso and paint, or pastels.

Check in again later this weekend for more. I'm definitely not done yet!

No comments: