Saturday, February 28, 2015

I love GRUNGE journal cover

Hi everyone! I shared my recent project on the Gauche Alchemy blog. Did you catch it there? No?? Here it is! 
Kiki here with my first project for Gauche Alchemy. As you’ll soon find out, I love grungy texture. No, scrap that. I have an OBSESSION with texture. I cannot seem to create without it, and look at the project and say I’m done. The more texture the better. And the more unusual the texture, the more fun it is to play with it.
This month for the February Challenge, I put a lot of different textures into the project. I love grunge. Love isn’t always pretty, soft and lacey. Sometimes it’s messy, chaotic and dirty! LOL
Want to see what I mean?

Art Journal Cover by Kiki Halbert
There’s so much texture in there I get giddy. I used gesso and drywall tape, inked up canvas, washi tape, paper scraps, cardboard, wood, cork, thread….ahhhhhh.
Art Journal Cover by Kiki Halbert
Art Journal Cover by Kiki Halbert
Art Journal Cover by Kiki Halbert
Art Journal Cover by Kiki Halbert
So what did you get out of the monthly challenge inspiration? I’d love to see your projects so make sure to play along, and please link me up to them so that I can go and leave you some love!

No comments: