Wednesday, May 30, 2012

What a great week...and a flower swap!

Well, it's been quite the week... I've received lots of happy mail, including prizes I won on National Scrapbooking Day, books I've ordered, a book that I've been published in, ephemera (amazing stuff) from a friend, and much more. It's been very exciting!

Almost every day I've had a package, or two, to open and oooh and ahhh over. My hubby is actually starting to get a bit jealous about it. 

These past few days I've been learning and making my very first fabric flowers for a flower swap with the gals who signed up for this month's handmade flower swap on Mrschievous Crafts' blog.

Now, admittedly I haven't played with paper in the traditional scrapbook kind of way much. But I am learning a lot, and having a heck of a lot of fun playing with paper. But I had a blast making flowers for this swap. I decided to make flowers that were sort of representative of my style. Organic, eclectic, and grungy. So I used tshirt material, denim, paper, glitter brads, jewels, cardboard and ribbons. I really hope my swapping partner enjoys them. 

paper flower with glitter brad

rolled tshirt flower

rolled fabric flower on denim

flannel ribbon flower

jean and paper flower

paper flower with jewel brad

denim and tshirt flower

rolled flannel flower

tshirt ribbon flower

paper flower

paper, tshirt and denim flower

ribbon and cardboard flower
All the flowers were fun to make, and some were a definite challenge, but they are definitely reflective of my eclectic grungy glittery style. I'm throwing in some extra goodies and I'm keeping those a secret!

See you back here soon with my first You Tube video of an art journaling page using some amazing products from Scrap'n with Flair!


3 comments:

Stephanie Stanton said...

I love them kiki! Great job! Your style is awesome and I am sure your partner will love them! I like the denim one the best!

Stephanie Stanton said...

I love them kiki! Great job! Your style is awesome and I am sure your partner will love them! I like the denim one the best!

Scrap'n With Flair said...

Love your flowers Kiki!! They look fantastic. :)